Comanche 7420P is a 1961 Comanche 250 with a Lycoming IO 540 engine. The paint is a little dull and needs some spots touched up. The interior is in need of minor repairs. I plan to constantly improve the plane as I own it. After the first annual, I am going to look into getting the seats replaces with something a little more modern and comfortable. Prior to Airventure, I plan on polishing the paint as much as I can to restore some of the shine it has lost over the years. Eventually, I will get my personalized tail number to replace the current one. N897JB is the designator that includes my family’s birthdates and initials. Lots of work to do but the plane is in good solid, flying shape so I can have fun while making improvements.
Features: Toe Brakes, Manual Flaps, Electric Landing Gear, 250 Horsepower.
Garmin 175 WAAS, Dual Narco MK-12D NAV COMM, IFR Certified
Updates so far:
- Added Alpha Shoulder Harnesses
- Repainted the wood panel cover
- Bought a Robotow Tug for easier movement
- Paint is very dull. I am learning to polish it back to a shine.
- Whiskey Compass ran out of Whiskey. Getting vertical card compass installed.
- Paint touch ups (before Oshkosh)
- Interior overhaul
- Landing gear overhaul
- Fuel Flow / Engine Monitor
- Auto Pilot
- Update the GPS to something larger w/ actual buttons